Monday, October 17, 2011

Brittany, my ever-interested friend


"Quiero saber que pasa durante un día típico. Que enseñas por la mañana? Por la tarde? Qué y con quién almuerzas? Te gusta tu ropa profesional? Te duelen tus pies? Tienes zapatos confortables y de moda? Los existen? jaja!"


You know that you the best friends in the world...when they're out traveling the world and still interested in the shoes you're wearing.

Brittany and I have recently changed our email communication back-and-forth from English to Spanish, at her suggestion, I should add. It comes at no surprise to me that her Spanish is practically as good as mine, despite the fact that I have studied it for years longer than she has. I love getting to communicate with Brittany in Spanish--it adds an entirely different dimension to our friendship. That said, the quote above is from a recent email she sent me, where she jokingly called me out for my lack of blogging and significant lack of detail in the posts that exist. Consequently, I am going to spend the rest of this post explaining some "typical" aspects to my job and life at school.

First, in regard to footwear, yes, I do in fact have some cute and comfortable shoes. I'm pretty sure they're not the most professional ones on the market, but standing all day doesn't allow for just anything. Besides, I still don't own or wear real heels, so I'm afraid that such shoes are simply not an option for me. In fact, most days, I wear Toms. I even have two pairs, just to make it interesting.

The black glitter pair are perfect for virtually everything I wear, considering that there are very few days that I don't wear at least a little bit of black. However...
...for the days where black isn't a part of my attire, I wear these lovely gold-striped pair. 

Other shoes include: a nude/neutral pair of flats (which another friend, Nawa, explained were wardrobe necessities), a pair of brown sandals (hand-me-downs from Mom), and an old pair of black flats (which should probably be thrown away). All-in-all, I have a nice 5-pair shoe rotation. They are indeed comfortable, but of course, fashion is not my strong point.

As for my clothes themselves, I attempt to look professional, teacher-y, decently trendy (which obviously is a stretch), and young (but not too young) all at the same time. Ideally, I want to look 25, as for some reason I think that 25 sounds significantly more mature than 22. The teacher-clothes part comes quite easily, of course. Ann Taylor cropped pants aside (the ultimate teacher attire), I recently counted the cardigans in my closet...I own twenty-six. In Arabic numerals, that's 26. Granted, that includes all sleeve lengths and colors, but still, 26 is a little extreme. Just to top it off, my mom came home today with a present for me from Target--a new gray cardigan. I'm afraid my fate is sealed because I couldn't have been more pleased.

4 comments:

  1. LOL 26 girl? that's beautiful : ) love the glittery toms

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha I love this whole post. shall we call you the Queen of Cardigans? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have more shoes than I have here in Thailand... what is the world coming to!? #jealousy

    ReplyDelete